Tuesday, December 13, 2005


Wow....ok so my job rocks. I was nervous the past two days, but that's just the normal 'newbie someone please talk to me because I don't know anyone or your inside jokes' nervousness. Today was awesome. Background- my stepmom scored me this oh-so-awesome job at the jewelry store where she works. Damn people....talk about diamonds. The inventory is amazing. Not that I would ever have that kind of money at my current state of employment until three days ago (ahem, student). So today we come in and I was wearing all black (shoutout to my pretty ADPi's!) and they suggested that I wear some jewelry since they would stand out on my black top. So I put on this gorgeous princess cut pendant- with 30 princess cut diamond at a whopping $8,000, and then a matching ring that was $4,000. And here's the best part- I got to where this stuff out to lunch! Too bad I took lunch at home so I could catch a few precious moments of Days of Our Lives. And when I got back to the store I sold a diamond anniversary band worth over $1,000. This is the life. What's even cooler- I work with my stepmom and a bunch of 40-somethings. So they're all wanting to chat about college and all the 'hip' stuff, so we have a great time. It's gonna be a good break- oh did I mention I get paid each Friday? : 0 yeah buddy!

Ah, so I'm making myself do pilates at least 3 times a week if not more. I feel huge. Maybe I look huge- but no one has said anything to me- and I have asked... so either I am fatter and people are afraid I'll deck them for being straight with me, or it's all in my head. Eh, I dunno. I'm a girl- this is what we do.

The million dollar question: what is going on for New Year's Eve?! I don't have any plans...this is so not like me! I'm usually all set in what I'm doing and making sure I have a cute outfit to wear and stuff...yikes...maybe I'll go back to Buck-hole and hit up Ledbetter's......

Ok, so Christmas shopping.....I have no clue what to get anyone. Like I know what I wanna do as far as my family goes. But what do you buy someone who already has everything or if they didn't they'd probably just go buy it themselves as soon as you mentioned it and they thought they might want it. I guess I would spend my money too if I had it. At least Brad looks around before he buys something. He definitely makes sure he studies up on stuff before he goes out and buys something. Impulse buying is not in his vocabulary. Which is great...but for me- I see it, I like it, I buy it, and in most cases am not happy with it when I get it home. Brad sees something, likes it, makes a mental note, goes home and researches it and makes sure he's getting the best deal and that it's top-of-the-line. That's probably why he's got such cool stuff and I'm still using my tape deck walk-man...I do have pretty cool headphones though! But seriously- this guy has mentioned like three things that he doesn't have. Two I cannot find, and the last one is like a repreat of something he already has but kinda different. The first two possibilities have really really really pissed me off. Like impossible to find! I haven't seen anything like it before. He did warn me- but I thought I could do it- I usually can find the things that no one else can find, but so far no luck. I've tried Ebay, online stores, the actual distributor, everything. I hope I can find it. That would be so cool! But if not I do have some ideas...and they're not bad. I'm always taking suggestions though and hopefully whatever I get will be something he 1. likes, and 2, doesn't already have or 3. is getting from someone else.....this shit needs to be easier!

Well folks, I have one semester of undergrad left. I cannot freaking wait! I did really well this semester and I hope that I will be able to get into law school and then I can get the hell out of here. I know I keep saying this, but cross your fingers for me. Law school is not the easiest thing to get into. I am gonna finish up my applications before I go back to school so I don't have to worry about it. Wish me luck!

That's all for now- there's a Christmas cartoon marathon on.....that's where I be!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home